IDIAP is a non-profit research foundation affiliated with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL) and recognized as part of the “ETH strategic domain” (through a joint development plan with EPFL). With an annual budget around 10 MCHF and about 100 staff members (including senior researchers, postdoc, PhD students,
and development engineers), IDIAP’s budget is currently covered by 40% from the Federal Government, the State of Valais and the City of Martigny together (hard funding), while the other 60% (soft funding) comes from competitive projects and collaborative projects with industry. IDIAP being a not-for-profit organization, the institute is exempt from taxes.
However, IDIAP is subject to multiple financial audits, including an annual control by the Federal Department of the Interior for Foundations (DFI), the Secretary of State for Education and Research (SER), and the State of Valais. Being involved in multiple EU projects, IDIAP is also regularly audited by EU-accredited auditors.
IDIAP and more particularly its Biometrics group will be involved in the specification and development of voice recognition (also known as speaker recognition) as well as security techniques against face and voice spoofing attacks (presentation attacks at sensor level). These technologies will be developed and transferred as satellite packages to our BOB signal processing and machine learning library ( http://idiap.github.io/bob/ ).
IDIAP coordinated European research projects in Biometrics such as MOBIO (http://www.mobioproject.org) on Mobile Biometry, and TABULA RASA (http://www.tabularasa-euproject.org) on Trusted Biometrics under Spoofing Attacks and is currently coordinating BEAT (http://www.beat-eu.org) on Biometrics Evaluation and Testing.
The available systems developed by IDIAP related to voice recognition and anti-spoofing will be the base for the development of voice recognition instruments in WP5
FUNDED BY THE EUROPEAN UNION
TeSLA is not responsible for any contents linked or referred to from these pages. It does not associate or identify itself with the content of third parties to which it refers via a link. Furthermore TESLA is not liable for any postings or messages published by users of discussion boards, guest books or mailing lists provided on its page. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of any links that may appear on our site. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
TeSLA is coordinated by Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) and funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 ICT Programme. This website reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.